6:30AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday
Drop off must be by 9:00 AM
Drop Off and Pick Up Policies and Procedures
- Parents are required to wear a face mask during drop-off and pick-up.
- Parents and staff will meet at health and wellness station outside the learning/play area entryway.
- Parents are required to maintain 6 feet distance from other parents/families. Parent Entry Limit.
- Staff will check in the child(ren) at the school’s entrance one child at a time to allow for physical distancing.
- Staff will go over brief questionnaire regarding the health of the child as well as the child’s immediate family.
- Staff will make a visual inspection of the child for signs of illness which could include flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness.
- Staff will use touchless thermometer to take the temperature of the child(ren). Forehead temperature of the child(ren) must be less than 100°F/38°C to be admitted into the school.
- Parent’s visits should be as brief as possible and parents are not permitted to enter the learning/play area.
- Parents should sanitize their own hands and remind their children to go straight to the sink to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizers will be out of the reach of children, but near the entry door.
- Ideally, the same parent should drop off and pick up the child every day. If possible, people with underlying medical conditions should not pick up children, because they are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Wellness Check for Staff and Children
- ASLC has implemented screening procedures for our staff and children. This includes asking all individuals about any symptoms (primarily fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other signs of illness within the last 72 hours) – that they, or someone in their homes, might have. All individuals will be asked if they have had any exposure to another individual with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases. We will document and inform everyone of all known incidents of possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Parents must notify the school if a child has taken any fever reducing medications in the last 72 hours and must not bring the child to school.
- ASLC will take children and staff’s temperature each morning by using a non-touch thermometer. If a child or staff has a temperature of 100°F/38°C or higher or exhibits signs of illness, we will follow the facility procedures for isolation from the general room population and notify the parents immediately to pick up the child and the staff member will be sent home immediately. Parents have up to 30 minutes to pick up their child.
- If a parent or a member of the same household tests positive for COVID-19 they will be required to provide a proof of clearance from a doctor prior to bringing the child to school, same protocols applies to school staff.
- South Carolina's Public Health Department, Child Care Licensing Department and Parents will be informed if there any known cases of COVID-19.
- ASLC will follow guidelines given by South Carolina Public Health Department.
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES